Garbage truck Jobs in NJ
Location: NY/NJ Locations
Job Title: Heavy Duty Diesel Technicians
The Action Environmental Group, parent company of Action Carting in New York City and Interstate Waste Services in Northern New Jersey/Southern New York State, is one of the most progressive and innovative providers of non-hazardous waste management services, serving a diverse range of industrial and commercial customers.
Our Heavy Duty Diesel Technicians play a key role in keeping our company running. Without skilled Technicians who know how to diagnose and repair issues safely and quickly, providing an excellent work place for our employees and exceptional service to our customers would be next to impossible.
Our Heavy Duty Diesel Technicians perform inspection, diagnosis, preventative maintenance, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment, including diesel heavy trucks and engines. Utilizing diagnostic software, the Technician is responsible for interpreting failure modes and initiate or assign necessary repairs. At times, the Technician may be on call, and required to assist with emergency breakdowns.
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
- Estimates time and material cost on vehicle repairs and requisition of new parts.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleer maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting part usage, and accounting for repair time.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company safety protocols and OSHA standards.
- Assists Sr. Technicians in the completion of project work.