Garbage truck Driver Jobs Melbourne
Serco is an extraordinary company, making a positive difference to people's lives every day. We are part of a team of 70, 000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world.
Our values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. Our people help in ways that matter. We are curious, creative, and collaborative.
Our people work behind the scenes to perform seamless infrastructure services across Australia every day. We maintain parks, gardens and golf courses, ensure environmental sustainability though water treatment management, manage capital work construction projects and are leaders in horticultural management. We protect the safety and wellbeing of over 3, 000 employees in challenging work environments, in addition to managing logistics, cleaning & hygiene services, facilities and maintaining public assets across Australia.
It is likely you've experienced our services and not even realised it.
We are seeking a highly energetic team player to be responsible for maintaining all waste facilities, sweeping of paths and any other Facility cleaning as required.
This is a hands-on, face to face position that requires presence, professionalism, knowledge and a strict adherence to City of Melbourne and Serco expectations in relation to waste management and cleansing within Melbourne's high profile and highly used Open Space network.
The expected hours of the role are 6:40am – 3:10pm Monday to Sunday as per an agreed roster.
Your key accountabilities:
- Service garbage and recycling bins, operate sweepers to maintain paths in a clean and safe condition for public use and undertake any other duties as directed
- Safe handling, storage, transport and use of chemicals, plant and equipment and report any defects as soon as detected
- Maintain accurate records of labour, plant, materials and equipment i.e. ensure all electronic and/or paper documentation is completed in line with management system requirements
- Current Light/Medium Rigid Drivers Licence
- Experience in the use and maintenance of rubbish compactors or street sweeping machinery and litter collection
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of people from the general public to senior managers
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark within an established, global business. You will work with inspiring leaders who are truly passionate about the Serco business and the value we can provide to our clients.