Garbage Removal Albany NY
95 Gallon Recycling Cart
(Gray w/green lid)
- All Plastic Bottles & Containers (#1-7) with Caps & Lids ATTACHED.
- All Office and School Paper.
- Clean, Balled Aluminum Foil (2" or Larger) and Pie Pans
- Empty Aerosol Cans (No Caps)
- Empty Pizza Boxes
- File Folders
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Magazines, Brochures & Catalogs
- Newspapers & Inserts (No Plastic Bags)
- Opened Mail, Junk Mail, and Greeting Cards
- Paper-back Books
- Paperboard Boxes
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Paper Milk/Juice Cartons (No Foil Pouches)
- Phone Books
- Rigid Plastics
- Shredded Paper (must be in clear plastic bags)
- Audio & VHS Cassettes
- Christmas Lights
- Clothing or Textiles
- Compostable Plastic
- Drinking Glasses
- Hard Back Books
- Hazardous or Bio-Hazardous Waste
- Hoses, Ropes, Wire, Cords, Chain, or Cable
- Light Bulbs
- Needles, Syringes and Medical Waste
- Paper-To-Go Containers
- Paper Ream Wrappers
- Paper Towels
- Plastic 6-Pack Holders
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Microwave Trays
- PVC Pipes
- Tarps or Pool Covers
- Yard waste
- Easier for you — No sorting or separating, no blue bins to carry, protection from animals and wind, and weekly pick-up service.
- Better for your neighborhood — Your new, single container looks and functions much more neatly than the old blue bins.
- Better for the environment — Communities are recycling more, some by a margin of 24%. This means less garbage ends up in the landfill, and one truck instead of two in suburban and rural areas lowers fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- Better value — County Waste & Recycling rates are already highly competitive, and SSR is included in the residential monthly rate for trash removal.
How It Works:
Your Single Stream Recycling container comes in a choice of size: 65-gallon, or 95-gallon. It takes all of your recyclables—paper, glass, cardboard, aluminum, and more kinds of plastics than before—and keeps them securely contained with its distinctive green lid.
From your home, it will be transported to our new, state-of-the-art processing facility near the Port in the City of Albany. There, conveyors, magnets, rollers, screens, and other technologies separate the recyclables by type and bundle them for shipment to the places that will use them to make new products.
The night before your service day, please place your recycling cart at least 5 feet away from your trash cart so our automated trucks may easily collect your trash and recycling.
Q: What is Single Stream Recycling (SSR)?
A: County Waste & Recycling’s new Single Stream Recycling (SSR) service allows you to put paper, glass, cans, cardboard, plastics, and other approved recyclable materials in a single recycling bin for collection. SSR has proven to be an effective way to increase recycling in communities and decrease the amount of recyclable material that ends up in landfills.
Q: How does Single Stream Recycling benefit communities?
A: It encourages people to recycle more, and that’s a clear, community-wide environmental benefit. As more dual-purpose trucks are phased in, all trash and recycling will be picked up by a single truck, reducing our carbon footprint with fewer trucks on the roads, less fuel consumption, and decreased carbon emissions.
Q: Does anyone else offer Single Stream Recycling?
A: No, County Waste & Recycling is the first and only company to launch an SSR initiative of this scale. We’re a company with a deep commitment to our community, and we know SSR is the best way to recycle. That’s why we’re investing more than $14 million in new green-topped recycling containers, new SSR collection trucks, and a state-of-the-art processing facility that will be located in the Port of Albany.
Q: Who qualifies for Single Stream Recycling?
A: Single Stream Recycling is available for both residential and commercial customers.
Q: Is there a fee for the new Single Stream Recycling service and green-topped recycling container?
A: No, it’s free to residential customers.
Q: How often will my recyclables be picked up?
A: Residential recyclables will be collected every week, on the same day as your regular trash collection. Commercial customers will receive service as often as your business needs.
Q: Does the new green-topped recycling container come in different sizes?
A: When you sign up for new service we can help determine which size will work best for you. Please call us at (518) 877-7007 or (888)-54-WASTE and we will assist you.
Q: Can I put shredded paper in the recycling container?
A: Yes, but only if the shredded paper is placed inside a clear plastic bag with the top tightly secured before going into the new SSR green-topped recycling container.
Q: Can I put small metal pieces in the recycling container?
Q: Can I include Styrofoam in my recycling?
A: No. Styrofoam does not currently qualify as a SSR acceptable item.
Q: Do I have to recycle?
A: Recycling is strongly recommended. It is good for the environment and our communities - and with the addition of SSR, it’s now very convenient.