Garbage not picked up
You can report that garbage, recycling, organics, or bulk items were not picked up on your service day. The Department of Sanitation will collect them in 1 to 2 business days.
To make a complaint, items must:
- Be from a residential building
- Be placed out between 4 PM and midnight the day before the scheduled day
- Be placed out properly, following disposal rules
- Remain curbside
You cannot make a missed collection complaint if your scheduled service day was suspended due to a City holiday or emergency.
Garbage, Recycling, and Organics Complaints
To report missed garbage, recycling, and organics collection, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Bulk Item Complaints
- If the item is larger than 4 feet by 3 feet and is not recyclable, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM on the Sunday following your service day.
- For smaller bulk garbage items and recyclable bulk items, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.