RULES FOR THE COLLECTION OF GARBAGE AND BULKY WASTE
* Garbage is collected in various sections six days a week (see Recycling Guide for pickup days)
* The onlyHolidaygarbage is NOT collected is if your pickup is scheduled for Christmas Day.
* Notices will be posted on the web-site, cable, and in the newspaper regarding theHolidayschedule.
* Questions regarding collection should be directed to theDPWat 973-470-2239.
Rules for Garbage Collection
• Twice a week limited to 3 barrels or plastic bags tied securely per collection.
• Garbage containers (metal or plastic) are not to exceed 35 gallons.
• Place containers neatly at the curb, after6:00 p.m., the night before your collection day.
• Do not place garbage in the street.
• Do not include dirt, stones, brick, concrete or hazardous waste with your garbage.
• Remove empty receptacles from the curb the same day after your collection.
• Store all empty cans behind your home so as not to be seen from the street.
• Consists of mattresses, furniture, wooden cabinets and doors, tables, lumber or rugs (cut to 4-foot lengths and tied).
• Collected your first garbage day of the week (i.e., Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday collection).
• Place Bulk Waste neatly at the curb, after 6pm the night before your collection day – maximum limit 2 items first collection only.
• Please remember DO NOT place bulk waste out on Thursday, Friday or Saturday
• Are the responsibility of the homeowner.
• DO NOT place these tanks at curbside or in your trash collection.
Tanks will not be collected and you may be subject to a summons.
Electronic Items: Consists of monitors, computers, keyboards, stereos, radios, telephone systems, VCR’s, televisions, printers, etc. These items are your responsibility and will not be collected with your garbage. You can donate to a charitable organization or you can bring these items to the Public Works Yard at 307 East 7th Street, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm. For further information, or if you are having difficulty and need assistance in removing your electronic items please call the Recycling Office at 973-470-2239.
Household Hazardous Waste
• The Passaic County Office of Recycling sponsors a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day 3 times a year. For date and location call the County at 973-305-5738.