City garbage collection
Your collection service will either be on Monday and Thursday OR on Tuesday and Friday, depending on where you live and whether you have alley container service or roll-cart service.
For residents with roll-cart service
- Regular household garbage is collected from your GREEN cart on the first collection day of the week (Monday or Tuesday)
- Yard waste is collected from your GREEN cart on Wednesday
- Recycling is collected from your BLUE cart on the second collection day of the week (Thursday or Friday)
- During weeks with a holiday, your scheduled days will shift and there will be NO YARD WASTE COLLECTION. See the holiday schedules below.
- During the winter months (generally December-March), yard waste collection is DISCONTINUED. Once determined, the exact dates of this year's discontinued yard waste service will be posted above.
- During the winter months, you may request a special collection of bagged leaves (in paper bags) by contacting the (314-622-4800)
- Please follow @stlstreets on twitter, or view our twitter feed for refuse collection schedule changes and reminders.
For residents with alley service
- In general, trash & recycling dumpsters are emptied the first collection day, yard waste is emptied the second collection day
- Dumpsters are not emptied on holidays, routes will be adjusted to make collections during the remaining days of the week.
- During the winter months (generally December-March), yard waste dumpsters are only emptied once/month instead of once/week. Once determined, the exact dates of this year's winter yard waste service will be posted above.
Other Options for our residential customers
Bulk Collection is offered during one week of the month. For more info about types of items you can set out for bulk collection and to find out when your collection week is, please visit our Bulky Pick Up page. Residents may also drop-off one load/month at one of our two transfer stations.